Friday, August 12, 2005

NARAL Commercial: The Other Side


Click on image for larger version.

The text of the actual NARAL commercial (from the excellent review by the Annenberg Center:

Announcer
: Seven years ago, a bomb destroyed a women's health clinic in Birmingham, Alabama.

Emily Lyons: When a bomb ripped through my clinic, I almost lost my life.

Announcer: Supreme Court nominee John Roberts filed court briefs supporting violent fringe groups and a convicted clinic bomber.

Emily Lyons: I'm determined to stop this violence so I'm speaking out.

Announcer: Call your Senators. Tell them to oppose John Roberts. America can't afford a Justice whose ideology leads him to excuse violence against other Americans.


2 comments:

God of Biscuits said...

No better way to show you're "pro-" life than to kill people who disagree with you.

Zach Brissett said...

I hope you're not suggesting that I don't agree with you on this point, gentle Biscuit.

Perhaps you'll note that the dead baby refers to the Birmingham blast as "tragic." My point is to remind people that, although the bombing was tragic, there is a parallel tragedy that has claimed many more lives.